Learn How To Install Electric Garage Doors
If you are tired of raising and lowering your garage door by hand, it might be time to considering the installation of an electric garage door. An executive at a Skokie IL garage door repair company points out “An electric garage door can save you time and effort.” We agree. In addition, an electric garage door encourages car owners to actually park their cars in their garages. This is important for the long term benefits it confers upon cars. Automobiles tend to last longer if they are not constantly exposed to Mother Nature. Snow, rain, sleet, hail and burning heat all rob your car of its natural lifespan. Compare this to a garaged car. It is happy – if it could talk, it would say “thank you!” In a way, that’s exactly what it’s saying when it doesn’t rust or corrode due to environmental assault.
Then there is the physical wear and tear on you, the car owner, caused by constantly raising and lowering a garage door by hand. More than your hand is involved – many a back has been thrown out by lifting a heavy garage door. If you want to avoid herniated discs, pulled muscles and torn ligaments, you should seriously consider replacing your manual door with a modern automatic garage door.
If you have a manual garage door, there are two ways you can proceed:
- Hire an expert to do the work for you.
- Take on the project yourself.
We recommend that you take the first approach unless you have a lot of expertise and skill. A number of things can go wrong if you don’t know what you are doing:
- Even a manual door is spring-assisted. These springs are under high tension. If you release them incorrectly, they can strike you and cause serious or fatal injuries.
- Installing an electric door opener involves running electrical wiring to the proper ceiling location. If you try to do this without proper knowledge, you can easily electrocute yourself.
- Openers are heavy, and you must haul them up a ladder and hang them above your head to install them. It is all too easy to lose your balance when holding a heavy object above your head. The outcome can be a fatal blow to the head.
As you can see, you literally are taking your life in your hands if you try to install a garage door on your own. For your sake and the sake of your family and loved ones, please please please use the services of a qualified technician to install a modern, convenient electric garage door opener.